Manchester Metropolitan University is one of the UK's most inspiring higher education institutions, offering the opportunity for passionate and committed individuals to make a difference to the lives of people and communities locally, nationally and internationally.
We have a clear vision, a compelling strategy and our ambition is simple: to be the best modern university in the sector, where students and staff alike are equipped with every resource to excel.
Manchester Metropolitan University has been a pioneer in modern education since its origins in 1824.
Hourly Paid Associates/workers (Teaching Related)
We are looking to engage with academic professionals across a wide range of different specialisms on an hourly paid basis. These hours are available on a short term, ad hoc basis, up to a maximum of 326 hours across the year, providing support to our students through a range of roles.
You will have experience in delivering and supporting Higher Education activities, at an undergraduate and postgraduate level, in subject specific and interdisciplinary contexts or have strong relevant industry knowledge and experience. You will have a positive approach and the ability to contribute to a team.
Hourly Paid Associates/Workers (Teaching Related) cover a number of roles at the University such as:
- Language Tutors
- Placement Trainers
- Placement Moderators
- Teaching Assistant
As an Hourly Paid Associate/ Worker in these roles you are required to have:
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to plan and prioritise workload to meet objectives.
- The ability to use initiative when dealing with a wide range of issues and problems, challenging decisions appropriately.
- A degree or appropriate equivalent experience in your subject area, along with knowledge and understanding of the changing nature of HE
We are recruiting for the departments of:
- Health Professions
- Social Care and Social Work Social Care and Social Work (specifically in the areas of Social work – statutory adults, Research methods and Health and social care leadership and management)
- Childhood, Youth & Education. Studies
- Teacher Education & Prof.
Working at Manchester Met:
Manchester Metropolitan University is a great place to work, and you will be part of a great team. We are ambitious for ourselves as an academic institution, and for both our students and our colleagues.
In addition to a great working environment, you will have access to the University facilities including sport and library.
If you would like to join our people and share our ambition, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and covering letter via our application portal where once reviewed a member of the team will be in contact to discuss next steps.
We have a variety of days and hours available. Please note that if we have no suitable hours available immediately, we will ask to retain your details in our talent pool for future opportunities.
Manchester Metropolitan University is committed to supporting the rights, responsibilities, dignity, health and wellbeing of staff and students through our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We promote applications from all sections of the community, irrespective of background, belief or identity, recognising the benefits that a diverse organisation can bring and particularly encourage applications from groups which are underrepresented in the University workforce.
We recognise the benefits and importance of an environment that supports flexible working and are open to conversations about this throughout the application process.
- Location:Manchester All Saints Campus
- Faculty / Function:Health & Education
- Salary:Grade 7 (£32,348 to £36,386)