The Faculty of Arts and Humanities is a unique environment where Humanities, Languages and Social Sciences sit alongside the Manchester School of Art and the Manchester Fashion Institute. Student experience is at the heart of everything we do. We’re proud to offer state-of-the-art facilities, including digital and technical workshops, studios and gallery spaces designed to enhance learning and collaboration.
About the team:
Manchester Fashion Institute is home to a community of fashion designers, buyers, merchandisers, managers, researchers, product developers and marketers. Our fashion courses cover the breadth of the industry from fashion design, to management, business and product development. We are looking for a Lecturer in Fashion Marketing to join the team and contribute to teaching and student experience across a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
We seek a Lecturer in Fashion Marketing to contribute to teaching and student experience across a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes with subject expertise which might include brand marketing, identity and brand positioning; consumer behaviour, luxury marketing, strategy, marketing communications, international marketing, market research etc.
The post holder will also be expected to contribute to the research and/or knowledge exchange activities of the department for example by producing high quality research outputs and developing funding bids OR demonstrate an interest in developing expertise and innovation in the delivery of teaching and/or student experience.
The successful applicant will have:
· A good first degree together with a PhD in a relevant discipline or equivalent qualifications.
· An in depth understanding of Fashion Marketing, with subject expertise which might include brand marketing, identity and brand positioning; consumer behaviour, luxury marketing, strategy, marketing communications, international marketing, market research.
· A PGCE, Certificate of Education, PGCLTHE or membership of the Higher Education Academy (or commitment to obtain within three years of appointment).
· Membership of relevant Professional bodies, demonstrating professional standing.
· Successfully publish results of research to the REF, in peer reviewed journals or monographs, or publish/exhibit professional practice
Please note this is a 12 month fixed term contract
For informal enquiries, please contact Helen McCormick (Reader in Fashion Marketing) on firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please submit a CV and cover letter via our application portal.
Manchester Metropolitan University is committed to supporting the rights, responsibilities, dignity, health and wellbeing of staff and students through our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We promote applications from all sections of the community, irrespective of background, belief or identity, recognising the benefits that a diverse organisation can bring and particularly encourage applications from groups which are underrepresented in the University workforce.
We recognise the benefits and importance of an environment that supports flexible working and are open to conversations about this throughout the application process.