Data Protection Statement
Throughout this Statement, “University”, “we”, “our” and “us” refer to the Manchester Metropolitan University, an exempt charity under Schedule 2 to the Charities Act 1993 (amended by the Charities Act 2011).
In this application form, you will be asked to submit basic information about yourself, your work history, qualifications and right to work in the United Kingdom. The Manchester Metropolitan University (‘the University’) will use this information to:
- determine your application for an advertised role. If you are selected for a role, the University will use your information to process any relevant employment contract and to create your staff record;
- to allow the university to monitor compliance with equalities obligations, which is a public task. For that purpose, you will be asked to complete an optional equality monitoring form;
- investigate any complaint or matter you raise, we will review the information you have provided in order to best respond to you and where required, we may share your information with our insurers and external legal advisors if required, in order to protect our legitimate interests;
- to send information to you, where you have requested or consented that we communicate with you, in relation to other relevant job applications for example; and
- protect yours and/or another individual’s vital interests, where there is a serious concern. We will only use your personal data in this manner in exceptional circumstances and we may then be require to sharing your personal data with relevant authorities.
The University has appropriate contractual arrangements in place with the third party supplier of the application system, eArcu Ltd, who will collect your personal data on our behalf and your data will be hosted within the European Union.
The University will be the data controller, except in relation to Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) roles where the University and the company partner will both be data controllers.
Where your application is submitted in the context of the KTP, please note that your application (with the exception of information provided on the equality monitoring form) will be shared with and reviewed jointly with our company partner (please see Company Information for more information about our company partner). In limited circumstances, we will however not be in a position to provide information about our partner where we are subject to obligations of confidentiality as a result of the matter being commercially sensitive.
Retention: The University will retain the personal data from the application you submit via the online recruitment system for 18 months. If you create a profile without applying for a role, your details will remain on the system for 6 months. This can be removed earlier if requested.
By continuing using this portal and inputting your personal information, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the above Statement. Would you like to continue?*
No – I do not wish to continue
Yes - I wish to continue