Level 3 HE (Higher Education) Simulation-Based Education Apprentice Technician – Health & Education Team, Faculty of Health & Education
This is a fixed-term post for 33 months.
Our team comprises approximately 200 technicians across the University. We provide specialist support to undergraduate and postgraduate students and the student experience is at the heart of what we do.
The services we provide underpin a wide variety of academic programmes and we deliver this support via specialist laboratories, workshops, design studios and contemporary arts facilities.
Our technical staff provide a high level of expertise and technical knowledge, playing a key role in supporting students in their studies and project work.
We also provide support for research, consultancy and knowledge exchange activities.
We are a forward-looking service, committed to a culture of continuous improvement and service excellence.
This is an opportunity for an individual looking for a challenging and exciting role. We are seeking to appoint a HE Simulation-Based Education Apprentice Technician to support the Health and Education programmes within the Faculty of Health and Education. This role is in the Brooks Building, Birley Campus, Manchester Metropolitan University. You will join a diverse team of technical staff, supporting the effective running of the service, supporting learning, teaching, research, outreach and enterprise activities as well as undertaking your apprenticeship in Simulation-Based Education.
Working in the Health & Education team as a member of Technical Services the role holder will support the Health & Education technical team with Simulation Based Education in the following key areas; under supervision develop expertise and specialist skills in the use and maintenance of equipment relating to Simulation Based Education eg. Hi-tec manikins, part task trainers, virtual augmented reality equipment etc...; learn how to develop your skills to enable you to support and assist undergraduate students and their projects; learn how to develop your skills to enable you to participate in supporting outreach activities on site and within a school setting and you should have an interest in working in a Simulation Based Education environment.
Other duties will include:
- Learn how to look at sustainable practise within the sector and learn to support implementation of this good practice within the Health & Education team
- Develop skills in the operation of the equipment to undertake classroom set-ups and support for research.
- Ensure work areas are kept clean and ready for use. Learn how to undertake general stock keeping tasks
- Learn how to work in a safe and responsible manner, adhering to organisational health and safety rules and procedures.
- In order to provide the highest level of technical service, supporting the area, you will have a flexible approach to work and an ability to work as an individual (under supervision) as well as part of a team. You will be expected to participate in internal and external networks and user groups, attending relevant events to keep up to date with the latest developments and techniques and to share information with other team members. Strong communication skills and a commitment to quality service will also play an important role in being successful in this post.
Closing date is the 3rd April & interviews will take place on the 24th April 2023.
How to apply:
Application is by CV and covering letter.
For informal queries about the position, please get in touch with Jane Barlow on email@example.com
If you would like to join our people and share our ambition, we would love to hear from you.
In addition to joining a great team in a varied role, we offer 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, plus Christmas shutdown.
Manchester Metropolitan University is committed to supporting the rights, responsibilities, dignity, health and wellbeing of staff and students through our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We promote applications from all sections of the community, irrespective of background, belief or identity, recognising the benefits that a diverse organisation can bring and particularly encourage applications from groups which are underrepresented in the University workforce.
Participation in Technical Services at Manchester Metropolitan University of those in the BAME community is disproportionately low – in order to address this under-representation, we are promoting applications for a HE Simulation-Based Education Apprentice Technician role from the BAME community with the support of the Evelyn Asante Mensah Scholarship. The Scholarship will provide the successful candidate access to £500 funding to support continuing professional development activities which align to their apprenticeship, subject to the terms of the Scholarship
We recognise the benefits and importance of an environment that supports flexible working and are open to conversations about this throughout the application process.
- Location:Manchester All Saints Campus
- Faculty / Function:Professional Services
- Closing Date:3 April 2023
- Contract Type:fixed term
- Contracted Hours per week:35